Welcome to day 2 of my 31 day creating challenge.
Meet Mr. Bones.
I’ve never really been one for decorating for really any holiday or season, minus Christmas, but something about having children (and a daughter who almost demands decorations) and Pinterest I’ve been driven to decorate. But, then there is Halloween and I just have this fine line between having fun with Halloween and crossing over into the gruesome. But, when I saw this hanging felt skeleton in Pottery Barn Kids this year I knew I had to make it. He’s just too cute and funny looking! But not cute enough to spend $39+ on him.
1. But about 1/2 yard of white felt. You could use the sheets, but honestly it’s more cost effective to use the yardage.
2. Find a template for bones online and print it out. Here’s where I got mine. If you do use this one, I didn’t use the shoulder bones or the tailbone.
3. Print out your template and go to town cutting it out. Make sure you cut two of each piece. You will be stitching them together. I just guessed on the hat and face parts, going off the original picture for Pottery Barn.
4. Sew a black zig-zag stic around each bone. The hands and feet I had to stitch a straight stitch to make it work.
5. Use embroidery floss or clear filament thread to sew each piece together.
6. Sew on a little ribbon to hang and enjoy.
He makes me smile every time I see him.