It’s been a while since I’ve had to do this and honestly I don’t think I’ll ever be able to compete with Emily‘s list. That was pretty unique. But here goes…
1. I am not a morning person. It will amaze my husband that I am actually admitting this because I deny it every morning. I always say that I love the morning. The issue is, I love the morning if I am alone. If I have to deal with people (big or small) I am not really a morning person.
2. I cannot deal with toys that are mixed together. The duplo blocks need to be in the box with the duplo blocks, the playmobil people with the playmobil people etc. Got it? Drives me insane when I find toys out of place.
3. I will not go to bed with a sink full of dishes. In fact as soon as dinner is over I have to clean them up. Drove my roommate in college nuts because she wanted to get started on the movie we rented and I wanted to clean up the dishes. Drives my husband nuts because when we have company over, I’ll start doing the dishes and he wants to sit down and chat with them. So if you come eat with us, I’m not being rude, just have to do the dishes first!
4. I tend to eat the same thing for breakfast until I can’t look at it anymore. I once ate Frosted Flakes every morning for at least 3 months. When my little chick was born I had an english muffin with peanut butter and jelly on it for at least 5 months (maybe that is why she is allergic to PB????) mostly because it’s an easy food to eat while nursing 😉
5. I have to have the dishwasher loaded a certain way and my sweet husband (who can pack a UHaul like nobody’s business) can never figure out how to load it “right.” Drives me INSANE! And lately I think he is just loading it wrong on purpose just to make me nuts!
6. I love to read, but reading often gets me in trouble. I will get absorbed in a good book and completely neglect everything and everyone else. The only time I got put in the hall in school was in 4th grade when I was reading a book in my desk and the substitute pulled me out and made me sit in the hall. I distinctly remember arguing with her that it’s not like I was ignoring her or writing notes or something…I was reading!
7. I hate fingernail polish on my fingernails. Makes me feel like I can’t breathe.