A Finished Project (well mostly finished)

doll apron

doll apron side/back

I lied when I said that I was taking a break from sewing this week. I have been working on a clothespin doll apron for my cousin’s daughter. I have wanted to make one of these since I saw it and I finally had a reason to make one.

This is the first time I have ever taken a picture of a pattern and tried to copy it, make alterations off of another model and make my own alterations while going along. It was an adventure to say the least. And, of course, I have one flaw in the shoulder seam and I’m not sure how to fix it. I’ve piddled along with it all week, getting frustrated and putting it down and then picking it up the next day.

I used this pattern as the basis. Then I used this as a model for some alterations. Minus the mess up on the shoulder I am pretty pleased with it.

Here’s the flickr set for some more views.

Next step is to make some clothespin dolls to go in the pockets.

Advertisements

One thought on “A Finished Project (well mostly finished)

  1. Nice job! How sweet…I guess I couldn’t make an action figure tool belt for Ez. hee hee

    Must be wonderful to have a little girl to sew for!

Comments are closed.